Experience a self-paced online course that is highly interactive and prepares you to apply your newly acquired knowledge to your profession and to protect yourself on the job. Become ASSE 12000 Certified to increase your marketability as a construction or maintenance professional. The topics covered in this program range from biological and waterborne pathogens to preventative procedures while working in locations where exposure to disease is high. This course is approved by ASSE International for training to ASSE PQ Standards 12010, 12030, and 12040. After completion of the course, candidates can then advance to take the ASSE certification exam at the 2017 ASSE International Annual Meeting.
- Understand how disease can spread and how to prevent the spread of disease in the workplace.
- Employ the use of PPE to protect yourself and others against biological and waterborne pathogens.
- Evaluate a work space to ensure it protects yourself and others who occupy the building or construction site.
- Assess mechanical and plumbing systems to prevent the spread of contaminates.
- Explain the roles of various agencies involved in your health and safety within your working environment.
- Illustrate the use of work practice and engineering controls that protect you and those you encounter.
Who is this course and certification for?
Construction and maintenance personnel, including plumbers, pipefitters, sprinkler fitters, HVAC technicians, demolition laborers, and mechanical systems workers.
What are the prerequisite requirements?
Successful completion of an OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 class prior to enrollment.
How do you become certified?
- Successful completion of 12 hours of training encompassing ASSE Standards 12010 (Biological Pathogens), 12030 (Waterborne Pathogens) and 12040 (Contamination/Infection Prevention Procedures)
- 75 question written exam, issued by ASSE, covering ASSE 12010, 12030, and 12040
What is the cost of training and certification?
$250. This is a special rate (50% off) for the 2017 ASSE International Annual Meeting.
What is included with the registration fee?
The registration fee covers online training, in-person classroom review, examination and grading, and a certification card and certificate. Lunch will also be provided at the in-person classroom training.
Who is providing the training?
IAPMO Training & Education, an ASSE approved third-party training provider.
When do you complete your online training?
Whenever you want! The 12-hour online training portion of this course, created and provided by IAPMO Training & Education, is designed to work around your schedule so you can learn at your own pace. You may work through the training in September, October, and early November, but you must complete the 12-hour course by Thursday, Nov. 9.
When is the in-person review?
The in-person classroom review will be from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., with lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 10. The final examination will follow at 2:00 p.m.
Where will the in-person review and exam be held?
The in-person classroom review and exam will be held at the Hilton Palacio del Rio in San Antonio, TX.
Who should I contact if I have technical issues during my online training?
If you experience technical issues, you should contact IAPMO Training & Education at email@example.com
or (708) 995-3000.
Any other questions?
Feel free to contact us at (708) 995-3019 or firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.